Molding Solutions at Robotic Automation Systems
Robotic Automation Systems offers customers a wide array of custom-engineered solutions to their production automation needs, including blow molding automation. Our custom-built robotics integrate entirely into your professional process and application. We proudly provide top-tier solutions tailored to your individual demands, from turnkey automation systems to unique engineering to fulfill your specific robotic automation application tooling and needs. You can rely on us on a broad range of projects, ranging from entry-level orders to complex projects with complicated production applications.
Incorporating Specific Production Needs
A prime example of our work is vertical and horizontal plastic injection molding machines with robust, custom tooling and intuitive human-machine interfaces (HMI). With blow molding automation, we incorporate your specific production needs into robotic engineering to ensure we produce machines to streamline your automation with minimal challenges or performance issues.
What Is Blow Molding Automation?
Automating your blow molding process improves safety and simplifies repetitive and routine tasks. These beneficial traits can increase productivity levels and business output. Robotic Automation Systems completes your machine’s conveyor system by integrating an auto-deflashing unit with auxiliary equipment like your mixer, conveyor, crusher and grinder, leak tester, and post-cooling unit. We provide all the following equipment for your automation needs:
- Insert Loading Using a Fanuc Robot and Flexible Feeder – This equipment bolts directly to the blow molding machine, including in-mold labeling and insert loading from the operator side. We work with the blow molder equipment supplier to have a working machine interface so that the parison drop can be controlled and the take-out arm on the backside of the machine, so all the equipment works together.
- Servo-Controlled Vertical Facing Station – We can make these to be manually loaded or robotically loaded. We let the customer adjust to final cut height from our supplied HMI since blow molded parts may shrink at different rates due to the percentage of regrinding and cooling times. We also offer chip removal vacuum systems as we carry out this process.
- Post-Cooling Stations – These can be forced air, ambient air, or AC units to help cool the parts and stabilize them before packaging. These systems are robotically loaded after picking the part from the blow molding machine.
Types of Blow Molding Automation
Robotic Automation Systems provides extrusion blow molding (EBM), injection blow systems (IBS), and injection stretch blow molding (ISBM). These machines apply to a wide array of industry operations. We’ve described each option below:
- Extrusion Blow Molding (EBM) – This option is the simplest blow molding type. This type involves dropping a parison or hot tube of plastic material from an extruder and capturing it in a water-cooled mold. After closing the molds, you inject air through the container’s neck or top.
- Injection Blow Systems (IBS) – The injection blow molding process involves injection molding a plastic preform and then sending it on the core rod to a blow mold station. Air gets blown through the core rod, lifting the hot preform material from the rod and using air pressure to form it to the blow mold’s design.
- Injection Stretch Blow Molding (ISBM) – We offer this multistep process to manufacture predominantly hollow objects by employing rotational symmetry using polymers. You first produce a preform utilizing an injection molding process.
Details About the Blow Molding Process
Automated plastic blow molding lets manufacturers produce thousands of parts and products in a short time. Robotic Automation Systems can accommodate multiple blow molding types in our custom-built machines. The general process applies to automated blow molding to mold plastic and other materials.
The Importance of Automation in Blow Molding
For many reasons, Robotic Automation System’s blow molding solutions are ideal for manufacturers. Blow molding businesses need to look to the future and realize the fully automated process is quickly becoming a necessary technological investment to integrate into their operations. You can reduce your workforce, increase efficiency, lower costs, and save time. The process also requires minimal human intervention and produces molded plastic products in less time.
Contact Us to Start Your Molding Project
Robotic Automation Systems provides exceptional machine solutions for blow molding automation. Our company has worked directly with Kautex machines and will work with other blow mold machine manufacturers. With flexible and adjustable automation, our solutions apply to continuous variables of the blow molding processes. We offer equipment for the upstream side, and you can rely on us for the downstream side, including part picking, cooling, hot knife cutting, facing, and setting finished parts. Contact us today to discuss your automation needs and start your project.